Have you ever wondered what the term “spiritual consciousness” means? I have, and for that reason, I have been giving it some thought.
So far, I can't offer you a dictionary definition for spiritual consciousness. But I have reached an understanding of what the term means for me, and I would like to share that understanding with you.
For me, spiritual consciousness can be distinguished from physical consciousness, which is your awareness of the physical world around you. Spiritual consciousness implies that you are spiritually awake. It means knowing and believing these great spiritual truths:
• You are a spiritual being, not a physical body.
• Physical “reality” is just an illusion we created collectively.
• We immersed ourselves in this physical illusion to accelerate our spiritual growth.
• While physical “reality” is an illusion, spiritual reality is real.
• As a spiritual being, you have direct contact with Spirit.
• Since the physical body is just an illusion, then so is physical “death.”
I believe our function here in the physical world is to raise our level of spiritual consciousness. Regrettably, most of us are still spiritually asleep. The physical matrix is very convincing, and most of us continue to believe it is real as we go about our daily lives.
Imagine this: What we would be like if we could raise our level of spiritual consciousness to higher and higher levels? What would our world be like? For thousands of years, we have dwelt in shame, guilt, apathy, fear, and anger. I ask you: Do we really want to continue to live that way?
I don’t believe it’s that hard to raise your level of spiritual consciousness, because where you place your focus is what becomes your experience.
The main purpose of human life is spiritual growth. The more you are able to raise your level of consciousness, the more joyous, serene, and blissful your life becomes.
Another way to look at consciousness is to understand that everything that exists is consciousness. Our universe and everything in it is just a physical manifestation of consciousness. That, of course, includes your physical body that you cling to so tenaciously.
Here are some of the indications that your level of consciousness is rising:
• You recognize the “oneness” of everything and everyone.
• You begin to let go of your ego-driven habit of judging and criticizing others.
• You truly understand that you create your reality and all of your experiences in life.
• You discover that the way to change the world is first to change your thoughts, beliefs, feelings, and expectations.
• And you begin to enjoy lasting peace instead of incessant anxiety in your life.
I believe the most important thing we can do for ourselves and the world we live in is to try to raise our level of spiritual consciousness right now in this lifetime.
That’s what I believe about spiritual consciousness. What do you believe?